Malt is a fully customizable real-time rendering framework for animation and illustration.
It's aimed at artists who want more control over their workflow and/or their art style, with special care put into the needs of stylized non photorealistic rendering.
Designed as a community effort to expand the possibility space of 3d rendering, it provides graphics programmers and technical artist an enjoyable “shadertoy-like” workflow inside Blender, while still allowing to effortlessly share their work with non technical artists through Python and GLSL plugins.
- Free and Open Source. MIT License
- Real Time Rendering
- Full Blender integration
- Built-in Pipeline for Stylized Non Photorealistic Rendering
- Stylized shading models
- Light Groups
- Line Rendering
- Fully customizable through nodes (Materials, Light shaders, Screen shaders and even the render pipeline itself)
- Code as a First Class Citizen
- Auto-reloading for everything
- VSCode (including GLSL intellisense) and Renderdoc integration
- Automatic generation of nodes from plain GLSL functions
- Automatic UI for Shader and Pipeline parameters
- 100% customizable Python Render Pipelines